Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Thinking about redoing my logo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    JoshWhite

Hey everyone – I was hoping to get some opinions on this. I’ve been working on maybe coming up with a new logo but I keep scrapping a lot of ideas. This is one that I ended up fully forming and I like it, but I’d like some objective feedback.

See It Here

Thanks in advance!

TheDoc

I’m not too fond of the type underneath, maybe it’s a bit too floral (the yellow is little off as well, to me, but could look better on a dark background).

I like the refresh logo, but I feel like the rest of the text is more bold than it is – should it not be the other way around? I feel like the refresh should be the focus.

TheDoc

I’m thinking something sort of like this:

http://cl.ly/1t2N1s0u3h3W0y0O4502

I know it’s a lot of uppercase going on, but I think it just works better.

Schmotty
    Participant

I was expecting something more ‘pokemon.’

chrisburton
    Participant

I think the main typeface has a bit of issues showing jagged lines. I also think the inner shadow of the symbol is a bit too much. I’d try something other than pure black, perhaps a few gradient combinations (like this).

Edit: I was also thinking you could give it some sort of depth instead, like Jordan Metcalf has produced in this artwork – http://jordan-metcalf.com/1865/577460/gallery/poets-writers-magazine-cover

chrisburton
    Participant

Is there a reason why you’re always keeping the symbol yellow?

TheDoc

I think the background on the bottom text (as seen in #9) make it look like a law firm or something like that. Clean text is the way to go here.

chrisburton
    Participant

I think that particular sans-serif typeface should go. The ‘N’ looks incredibly funky and the color palette doesn’t compliment each other except for Concept 7 minus the yellow of the symbol.

I agree with @TheDoc but a better and different sans-serif typeface should do the trick.

chrisburton
    Participant

Yes, much better choice. I would go a bit deeper and not be so strong on the dark gradient on the 3D effect. I would also give the text -45 degree gradient (shades of black/gray). Oh and for the symbol, I wouldn’t make it “pop” that much. You still want to make it look like it’s part of the text.

chrisburton
    Participant

I love the third option but also like the 5th as well.

chrisburton
    Participant

Looks like Neutra Face (3rd option)

chrisburton
    Participant

I have it as well. They just came out with Nuetra Face Slab. Anyway, looking forward to those changes.

Jeager

My typography teacher would murder you for not having the “ouroboros” O not be the same thickness as everything else its fitting in with. The last set you linked is the best for the under text and I am glad you got rid of the drop shadow. It looked like it did not belong and was a distraction to the overall concept. I also think you should try the typical sans / serif. Sans is your main part of the logo, so try a serif on the bottom for more contrast, perhaps even all in small caps or lower case. Small caps is made to be wider than normal upper case, so would put a little more weight on the bottom to balance the very large top you have.

chrisburton
    Participant

Also, Josh, you’re making the symbol stand out too much. It’s not quite matching the color palette of the rest of the text and the darker color of the gradient is too strong. The hardest part is getting it right. It’s probably best since this typeface has such a thin weight to it, to use a single color.

Jeager

After seeing both thick/thin of the O, either would honestly work. Go with your gut, but however it is overall more cohesive of a design being the same thickness. Also, I love the last of the set with all the bottom characters in lower case serifs.

The issue I am seeing right now is the ‘B’ and the ‘E’ roughly where the x-height would be for the font face is where the cross bars of the B and the E should be, i’d say closer to where the current one in the B is. I think if you lined the E’s up, it would read much better also.

Edit: One other small adjustment I see being, in the stylized O, the cutout facing the arrow tip is rounded, perhaps try to make it the same angle as the arrow tip.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.