Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Thinking about redoing my logo

• # July 6, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Hey everyone – I was hoping to get some opinions on this. I’ve been working on maybe coming up with a new logo but I keep scrapping a lot of ideas. This is one that I ended up fully forming and I like it, but I’d like some objective feedback.

See It Here

Thanks in advance!

# July 6, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Looks really good to me Josh.

# July 6, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I’m not too fond of the type underneath, maybe it’s a bit too floral (the yellow is little off as well, to me, but could look better on a dark background).

I like the refresh logo, but I feel like the rest of the text is more bold than it is – should it not be the other way around? I feel like the refresh should be the focus.

# July 6, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I agree with @TheDoc about the yellow font. It kind of threw me off a bit compared to the top text. I really like the Boundless text/logo though. Looks really good.

# July 6, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Thanks guys – I really like the font on the bottom BUT this is where I think I’m getting too subjective. I like it, so I’m maybe forcing it to fit with the logo instead of the other way around.

What do you think of where I highlight the refresh and make that yellow? I thickened it as well… on these next couple:

Concept2
    Concept3
    Concept4

# July 6, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I’m thinking something sort of like this:

http://cl.ly/1t2N1s0u3h3W0y0O4502

I know it’s a lot of uppercase going on, but I think it just works better.

# July 6, 2012 at 3:25 pm

@JoshWhite, I think I like Concept2 the most out of those three.

@TheDoc, I actually really like that too, I just feel that the orange letters are spaced a little too far for my tastes. I like that direction a lot though.

# July 6, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I was expecting something more ‘pokemon.’

# July 6, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I’m with Chris a little on the spacing being a little too much – I used a font similar to what you have here – how does this look? Concept 5

# July 6, 2012 at 4:05 pm

@Schmotty I have no idea what that means :)

# July 6, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I think the main typeface has a bit of issues showing jagged lines. I also think the inner shadow of the symbol is a bit too much. I’d try something other than pure black, perhaps a few gradient combinations (like this).

Edit: I was also thinking you could give it some sort of depth instead, like Jordan Metcalf has produced in this artwork – http://jordan-metcalf.com/1865/577460/gallery/poets-writers-magazine-cover

# July 6, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I agree about the inner shadow. I took it way down in these versions and I also changed the top font to see if that jagged-ness is taken care of.

I also tried a red color to see how that might look I kind of like the dark gray gradient a little too. Concepts 8 and 9 I tried a serif font for the main logo.

Concept 6
    Concept 7
    Concept 8
    Concept 9

# July 6, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Is there a reason why you’re always keeping the symbol yellow?

# July 6, 2012 at 4:51 pm

I personally really like the sans-serif version of the main text, and I really like the bottom text in Concept 9. So a mixture of Concept 6 and 9 would be my favorite. But yeah, any reason for the yellow symbol?

# July 6, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I think the background on the bottom text (as seen in #9) make it look like a law firm or something like that. Clean text is the way to go here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".