Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other The Price Is Right – How much would you charge for this WordPress project?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    supperman
    Participant

Hello!

I’ve been long enough around WordPress that i am comfortable to start putting up sites for clients. But i have little to no experience about the price for a project like this. I obviously dont want to get too expensive and not too cheap.

I would like some of your input for the price range for the project.

Here are screens for the final design as far as i was told:
    [Screens](http://tinyurl.com/d6o7m8d “Screens”)

Thanks for your time and input on this!

And this is the sitemap:
    DOBRODOŠLI(home)
    NOVICE – SREČNO 2013

O NAS (category: O NAS)
    MI SMO (article PREDSTAVIMO SE)
    ZGODOVINA (article POGLED NAZAJ)

STORITVE (category: CELOVITE KOMUNIKACIJE)
    SEJMI (article: OBLIKUJEMO PROSTOR)
    OGLAŠEVANJE (article: PIŠEMO ZGODBE)
    OBLIKOVANJE (article: BARVAMO PLOSKVE)
    IZOBRAŽEVANJE (article: ŠIRIMO ZNANJE)

PROJEKTI (category:PUSTILI SMO SLEDI)
    BISOL(article)
    BREST(article)
    BTS COMPANY(article)
    DRSC(article)
    ERICSSON(article)
    DORMEO(article)
    FAR(article)
    GORENJE ORODJARNA(article)
    GOODYEAR DUNLOP SAVA TYRES(article)
    HELIOS(article)
    JAPTI(article)
    JAVNA AGENCIJA ZA KNJIGO(article)
    JUTEKS(article)
    KMS(article)
    KRES(article)
    KRKA(article)
    KOVINOPLASTIKA(article)
    MAGPHARM(article)
    MLADINSKA KNIGA(article)
    MOL(article)
    PIVOVARNA LAŠKO(article)
    RRA POSAVJE(article)
    SELTRON(article)
    SIEMENS(article)
    SIMOBIL
    SLOVENSKA TURISTIČNA ORGANIZACIJA(article)
    SLOVENSKA SKUPNOST NARAVNIH ZDRAVILIŠČ(article)
    TERMOMAX(article)
    THERMOINTERNATIONAL(article)
    TRIMO(article)

STIKI (category:VABIMO NA OSMICO)
    ZEMLJEVID (link na google maps)

HITRI KONTAKT (category)
    MAIL
    TELEFON

chrisburton
    Participant

In the screenshots there is very little content so probably not much.

frijolito56

I agree with @chrisburton theres too much white space.

djdaniel150

Wordpress sites don’t carry much value as they are simply templates. Google doesn’t give web designers brownie points for using them, nor do they frown upon them. Google see’s them as “just being there.” If you create an original design of your own, Google will grade your site much higher than some template that 100,000 other websites use. Matt Cutts has stated this himself. Also, when sites are built on a template this kills their resale value. I could most likely sell my newest website for a ton of money, because there is nothing else in the world like it. A big factor when appraising the value of a website/domain is not just the originality of the sites content, but the site itself. Design is worth money! A template on the web is worthless, even if you make changes to it.

djdaniel150

Wordpress templates are analogous to trailer homes in that they all look the same, and they’re all worthless. Nonetheless I do use WordPress, just not for my real websites, but more for blogging purposes. By the way, I don’t live in a trailer park.

chrisburton
    Participant

I would have to disagree with @djdaniel150. Technically, a template like Starkers is custom as most people will not have the same layout and/or content. I don’t really see how templates (which mostly have to do with layout) have anything to do with how Google ranks your site. It just doesn’t seem logical.

djdaniel150

It does seem logical. 100,000 sites with all the same layout and appearance? Think about it. Matt Cutts stated that original design and content is favored by Google on his Youtube videos. I was simply reiterating what he stated.

chrisburton
    Participant

I’m sorry, I just don’t see how Google’s algorithm would rely on appearance in some way to rank a site. From what I’ve seen over the years it appears it relies on relevant content and semantic structure.

We used to rely on meta keywords and descriptions to rank our site. That’s not the case anymore so perhaps you’re reading/watching old content.

djdaniel150

I’m not telling you what to believe.

TheDoc

@djdaniel150 – you do know that you can build your own WP templates, right?

Watson90

@djdaniel150 you love to absolutely position all of your elements on websites.

I personally would not pay a tonne of money for that. Nor would I pay a tonne of money for a template that has just been uploaded to the themes folder and activated. What I would pay good money for is using a bare bones theme such as starkers or underscores. Taking a static design in plain HTML and CSS and converting that into a fully working wordpress website. Like most developers tend to do.

You seriously need to look up some stuff about the google algorithm, how in the hell would it rank a page differently based on its layout…

supperman
    Participant

Hey guys! Thanks for your input. I also agree there is little design here. Can someone also throw a number. Our average income in Slovenia is around 1000€/month, thats 1300$/month.
    Have this in mind when you put a price. Would be really helpful for me.
    Thanks again!

supperman
    Participant

Thanks @Htmlmainiac

chrisburton
    Participant

@htmlmainiac 80-120, what? Per hour or for the whole project?

I would certainly pay more for that site, even if it lacks content.

@supperman
    Why do you care what other people would price it at? You can determine your value without anyone else doing that for you.

djdaniel150

@watson My point exactly! I wouldn’t pay a bunch of money for somebody’s site they simply built on a template that anyone can use. Also, I never stated that Google would rank a page differently based on its layout. I stated that they aren’t going to favor a site that shares the same exact theme and layout as a bunch of other websites on the internet. That’s what I stated. Once again I saw Matt Cutts say in a video on youtube, “your site should have an original design and original content.” I am simply reiterating what he stated. Its his words, not mine. As far as what attributes Google will actually rank a site for, who knows, since they don’t disclose most of them to anyone. There are several hundred factors they take into account when evaluating a website.

And yes I do use absolute positioning to build my sites, and they work great. If you don’t like it, thats your problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.