Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

The Lodge

• # September 6, 2012 at 10:31 am

I contributed to the Kickstarter effort (not much but what I could afford) but my log in details for CSS Tricks and Kickstarter don’t seem to work.

I presume it’s an issue on my side but what?

# September 6, 2012 at 10:36 am

Same thing for me. But from what Chris wrote in his last bulk-email, I think we’re supposed to get another one with login-details etc!

# September 6, 2012 at 10:37 am

Aha…that would explain it.

I jumped the gun…not unusual for me.

# September 6, 2012 at 10:53 am

We can’t access the Lodge yet. I guess we will receive the credentials via email in a day or so. :)

# September 7, 2012 at 10:21 am

I also contributed through kickstarter, and for some reason when I signed up, I does not give me access. I was wondering if anyone else is running into this.

# September 7, 2012 at 10:31 am

I’ve had a similar confusion. I can log in to The Lodge (and I can see that it worked because the WP toolbar is visible at the top ) , but I don’t see any new content on The Lodge page. I continue to see the same description of The Lodge as before I logged in. I’m just spitballin’ here, but perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I’ve used the same email for both my CSS-Tricks forum login and for the Kickstarter project? I’m not sure, but I’d love to see what’s inside The Lodge.

# September 7, 2012 at 10:41 am

The email address I used for Kickstarter is the same as the one I use for this forum, so that can’t be a problem. It’s all working good for me.

Do you see any content on this page at all? http://css-tricks.com/lodge/v10/

# September 7, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I only see a “members only” message. I’m pretty sure I followed the directions properly. It would seem that if I can log into the WordPress part of the site at all (as I currently can using the procedure detailed in the Kickstarter email we got yesterday), I should be good to go, right. What am I missing? :(

# September 7, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Definitely shoot me a note if anything at all is weird with your Lodge subscription. http://css-tricks.com/contact/

# September 7, 2012 at 2:03 pm

For me, my kickstarter email was different from my usual css-tricks account so I just had to “reset password” using my kickstarter email and I got straight in. If you’re having trouble make sure you’re using the kickstarter email.

# September 7, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Anybody actually used “The Lodge” yet? What do you think of it? How does it compare to say Treehouse, Lynda or Code School as educational resource? I was about to get another membership to one of those websites to refresh my skills and I wonder if spending my money (and most importantly time) on “The Lodge” first would be a better way to go about it.

Maybe Chris could post a couple of the videos for free in the video section so we can get an idea of what to expect?

# September 8, 2012 at 2:04 am

At the moment, the Lodge merely has videos relating to the re-design of CSS-Tricks.

I don’t think it was ever intended to compete or compare with the other sites you have listed.

# September 8, 2012 at 2:40 am

Yes, I understand it is not exactly the same, but I guess the aim is similar – to educate users. So say I want to learn how to best create photoshop designs for responsive websites. Is the Lodge a good place to learn this?

# September 8, 2012 at 3:18 am

No….it’s entirely (at the moment) dedicated to a specific project…the redesign/revamp of the CSS-Tricks website.

One of the sites you listed would be much more appropriate. You could also check out http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/

# September 8, 2012 at 8:14 am

I see. The description of the Lodge claims that one of the things you can learn is “Working in Adobe Photoshop to create the look and feel of a website”. So in what way it is not equivalent to a tutsplus course? I was hopping that this could be even better since it is about a real website, as opposed to a dummy website which is usually used in courses.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".