Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Thankyou without leaving page (Contact form)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    guirigales

Hello all.

I have downloaded and set up the simple contact form that chris has kindly donated. All is working as it should.
    I would like to be able to have the "Your message has been sent" appear next to the contact form or above (some sort of pop up). I dont want to go to a separate Thankyou page.

Does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Thanks all
    nathan

Rob MacKay
    Participant

You will have to submit the form via Ajax.

Basically you have a PHP file that you send the data to via Ajax and it processes it and spits out a response – you can then show that response on the same page without reloading.

There are lots of tuts on that I am sure you can find one if you Google that kinda thing :D

guirigales

Cheers for the hint. Ill look around.

nathan

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    guirigales

Thankyou, Ive read it and Its all greek to me Rob. I have no idea how to implement this into the form I have.
    So much code to say thanks, Ill be in touch! :roll:

cheers again

guirigales

I think I MAY be able to follow this one Eric. Many thanks. Ill let you know.

guirigales
    "Eric" wrote:
    It is all Greek uh. It was one of the harder things I’ve done. You could try mine. http://www.visibilityinherit.com/code/j … submit.php

Hi Eric.

I stand corrected. I wasnt able to follow. At least in part. I got your example working fine but when I try to implement this into my existing form it all goes wrong. I can get the error message to more or less appear but nothing else.

Is there any chance you could take a quick scan and tell me what might be the cause.

Many thanks eric.
    nathan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.