Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Thanks for the Flags

• Rob
    # April 5, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Just a quick thanks again to people who use the flagging when they have issues with a post – either spam or questions. It’s really helpful and I always go through them.

Thanks!

# April 5, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Well I can’t see them, so someone has to go through them ;-)

# April 5, 2011 at 7:46 pm

The button should be renamed to “Report Post”, makes it more obvious what it does ;)

# April 5, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I honestly didn’t know what it was for, and I could imagine other people are quite ignorant of its function. Renaming it would be a good idea in my opinion. :-)

# April 6, 2011 at 11:50 am

Flag is a pretty ubiquitous forum word, definitely don’t need to rename it.
    Flags draw attention to things. I salute you, Flag, and all the great work you’ve done in forums everywhere.

# April 7, 2011 at 9:12 am

@DogsGhost:

I would disagree there, I rarely see the term “Flag” on forums. It is usually “Report”. However, I don’t think it is that bad, I knew what it was. But I would say “Don’t Make me Think” :)

Rob
    # April 7, 2011 at 11:35 am

I actually like the term flag because sometimes you might just want to bring the post to someones attention and not “report” it :) Reporting something has bad things attached to the meaning lol

# April 12, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I agree with Robski – to “Report” something definitely has a negative connotation to it. “Flag” sounds like it would mean “bring attention to” so it makes sense. To me at least, that is.

# April 18, 2011 at 4:40 am

Flag sounds a bit different, as a new member join it is difficult for him to understand about flag..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".