Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Textmate-like code triggers in Dreamweaver

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mpenguin

Hi all,

I’m using a PC, so no Textmate or Coda for me. I occasionally use Notepad++, but the lack of SFTP support kills it for me. Anyway, I primarily use Dreamweaver for HTML, CSS, and now I’m learning Javascript.

After watching Chris’ videos, I see all these cool triggered code snippets, such as typing "scriptsrc", hitting tab, and having Textmate fill out the entire <script> tag and place the cursor in between the "" for the source. This is awesome, to say the least.

I’ve been perusing DW CS4 and trying to figure out a way to do it, but the best I can come up with is a snippet, which do exactly that. There might be something to do with the Tag Library, but I think creating one of those files is way beyond my level.

Does anyone have any insights about how to do this or would care to share their own personal DW Custom Tags?

Thanks.

I use Notepad++ with WebDrive for SFTP support. http://www.webdrive.com/products/webdrive/winindex.html

Recently I have been using Komodo Edit since it has support for Textmate like snippets and SFTP built in.

mpenguin

That still doesn’t help me, as Notepad++ doesn’t do the triggered code snippets, either. Not to my knowledge anyway (the quicktext plugin only works in Notepad++ ANSI, not Unicode). As for Webdrive, I’ve heard good things. I’ve tried ExpanDrive, but it was just way too slow. I’ll take a look at Webdrive and Komodo edit, though.

For the time being, however, I’m enjoying Dreamweaver, so anyone with any experience creating custom code hints in DW?

mpenguin

After searching around, I did find a patched UNICODE version of quicktext for Notepad++, so I can do the tab triggers like in Textmate. That’s all good, so I guess I’ll see how webdrive works out.

Still curious about the possibility of these tab triggers in DW, though. Can anyone offer any help there?

p.s. Anyone else getting logged out every 10 seconds? I change subfurms, I’m logged out. I log in, go to a forum, I’m logged out. I type a message, hit "Submit" and I’m logged out. Yes, I have cookies enabled. Yes, I hit the "keep me logged in box." Happened on FF 3.011 and now happening in FF 3.5rc3. Really pretty annoying and I’m going to have to stop posting here because I really don’t care to login every 15 seconds.

Guess I’ll copy/paste this and hit submit, so I can be logged out, log back in superquick, paste this thread here, and hope to hell it goes through.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.