Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

"Textmate for Windows"

• # July 18, 2008 at 3:30 am

For all of the fellow Windows users out there, I came across the link for E-TextEditor – http://www.e-texteditor.com/, which mimics Textmate on the Macs. I’ve watched many a screencast (including Chris’ here at the site) and thought how nice it would be to have all those shorthand macros… "very nice!" There’s a good intro video on the homepage.

box
    # July 18, 2008 at 12:58 pm

Yep -its a good app. It was my text editor of choice when I was having to use windows a lot about 12 months ago. Its nowhere near as polished as TextMate but its got some nice features that makes up for that – most notably the ‘forked’ undo history system. I think that is genius!

# July 18, 2008 at 5:33 pm

does anyone know of a good text editor for Windows with FTP support built in, like Coda for Mac?

# July 18, 2008 at 8:32 pm

What’s the advantage of using a program like textmate over MS Expression or Adobe Dreamweaver?

# July 22, 2008 at 6:56 am

On windows I stick with notepad++… its lightweight, fast, simple and can table multiple documents so everything is kept organised and your task bar doesn’t get to full. I have never really felt the need to use dreamweaver, whenever i have ive found way to many of the features are never used and its so much more power hungry than notepad++ for no real advantage (people may disagree with me there).

And chazzwick, i have been looking for a program like coda for windows for a little while now and sadly I really can find nothing.

# July 22, 2008 at 8:32 am

i just found a pretty good copy of Coda for windows, called SuperEdi. It has syntax highlighting, tabbed browsing and ftp support. its quite impressive.

http://www.wolosoft.com/en/superedi/download.html

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".