Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Text editor choice (ST3 vs Edge Code CC)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jimmy
    Participant

Hello!

I’ve been using Sublime Text 3 (previously 2) for over 2 years now and have fallen in love with it. Using lots of hotkeys, multihighlighting, Emmet and all this fancy, productivity-boosting stuff.

However, I’ve recently purchased Adobe CC membership which includes the new Edge family.
    I know that Edge Code is based on Brackets which is a powerful competitor to ST (I think, I’ve never had enough time to actually play with it), but is it worth shelving it for a week or two in order to ride Edge Code for a while? Even though I use Adobe CC for Photoshop/Illustrator mainly, it’s nice to know that I have an opportunity to check out Edge family and kinda want to try.

So, again – if you are using/used Edge CC, is there any reason I should check it out or ST3 is simply superior? I mean Edge Code specifically, since I’d like to play with Reflow/Web Fonts/Animate anyways.

Thanks in advance!
    Jim

Jimmy
    Participant

I would love to hear anyone who has an opinion of Edge Coding versus ST2. I use ST2 and love it so I have no real reason to switch but also own CC and wonder if it is worth messing about with.

__
    Participant

No personal experience with Edge specifically, but this might interest you. This would be consistent with my experience with “web creation” software in general: a hindrance, not a help.

nixnerd
    Participant

Simple text editor FTW. ST2 or ST3 are both fine choices in that dept.

Josh
    Participant

I use Coda2 at work and ST3 at home, so I’m kind of all over the place. The inline-style changes in Edge looks pretty amazing, but the question I couldn’t seem to answer is how it might work with preprocessors. But I can see Edge being an up and comer.

Paulie_D

Edge is, for, as I see it, designers not developers.

It provides easy access to prototyping of designs & effects but is. again IMO, nowhere near being a tools for developers (front or back end).

Let’s not forget that Adobe still promote Dreamweaver as a text editor and that’s still a bloated nightmare.

Brackets, from a code-writing perspective, something worth keeping an eye on though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.