Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

testing website for mac

• ags
    # November 17, 2008 at 5:46 am

hi
    when testing a website to see if it looks relatively OK on a mac, is it fair to say that testing on SAFARI (windows) is enough?
    you thoughts on the subject are highly appreciated.

thanks

# November 17, 2008 at 11:33 am

I like testing on Safari and FireFox on a Mac. Even on Macs a lot of people use FireFox.

Even though FireFox is the same on both platforms macs and PC’s render differently even so. Eg. the text on macs are all smooth. ( only recently activated that feature on Internet Explorer and I think on vista I can’t remember)

Better safe than sorry

# November 17, 2008 at 12:14 pm
    "ags" wrote:
    hi
    when testing a website to see if it looks relatively OK on a mac, is it fair to say that testing on SAFARI (windows) is enough?
    you thoughts on the subject are highly appreciated.

thanks

I don’t have a mac, but I do have linux & windows.

however, I code in windows on edit plus and I test my pages on IE6&8, FF3.0.4, Safari 3.1.2, Google Chrome 0.3.154.9 & opera 9.61

I sometimes test my linux on FF & Konqueror.

but I read, I think here, that there is a site you can add your URL and tell it what browser and platform (maybe the resolution as well) and this program will provide screenshots of how your site will look in whatever is ticked, it can take a while, if I find it I will post the link

box
    # November 17, 2008 at 2:39 pm

browsershots.org

You asked an identical question a few days ago to which I replied. You have also asked this question on other forums and you’ve ignored all of those answers.

ags
    # November 18, 2008 at 2:59 am

have’nt ignored.
    for of all- THANK YOU to all the people who replied.

I’m trying to get as much info as possible and I’m sorry if that seems weird to you :)

box
    # November 18, 2008 at 5:59 am
    "ags" wrote:
    …I’m trying to get as much info as possible and I’m sorry if that seems weird to you :)

That’s understandable – but you shouldn’t run two threads and perhaps could have been courteous enough to acknowledge your previous responses before opening this new thread.

ags
    # November 18, 2008 at 8:44 am

SABABA
    u r right

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".