Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Techie Videos – www.TechieVideos.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’d like to share my site with you all.

Techie Videos – http://www.techievideos.com

Instructional & How-To videos, tutorials and screecasts about technical, design, and IT-related topics. You can upload your videos and have them viewed by other techies, Do-It-Yourselfers (DIY’ers), tech enthusiasts, or anybody trying to learn something related to design & technology.

Let me know what you think!

I like it! The site’s design is professional and the idea in general is a good one, however I’m not sure how you will do against CNET, but anyways good luck!

Thanks for your feedback! One note though, and correct me if I’m wrong, but I think CNET uses it’s internal editors to post tutorials, and etc. Their content isn’t user generated like on Techie Videos.

al_m473
    Participant

like the videos.

would it not be better to use a fully packed HTLML file with valid doctype, etc in it?

not sure why you are not doing that in your video,

Al

I’m not quite sure what you’re referring to.

The entire site including the page where videos are viewed is doctype: XHTML 1.0 Transitional, and validate with w3c.

If you mean the HTML in the actual videos, than that content uploaded by the channel/user, I’m sure they didn’t include a doctype in their video (whichever video you’re referring to) because it was just for example or tutorial purposes.

Anyone is free to upload any tutorials they wish including yourself, as long as they’re tech related.

"al_m473" wrote:
    like the videos.

would it not be better to use a fully packed HTLML file with valid doctype, etc in it?

not sure why you are not doing that in your video,

Al

al_m473
    Participant

I watched the Div Float with CSS video, and did note that the top part of the HTML code did not include the usual
    DOCtype, etc. information. I just found that unusual.

I guess someties I watch a video and type up the code as presented and test it that way and if that code was missing,
    then my HTML code would be incomplete. I realize that but perhaps a newcomer would not.

thanks for the nice video, love them for learning,

Al

Ah yes good point! Fair enough- then good luck to ya!

like the site, im thinkin of uploading some of my tutorials to ur site.

i have a question tho, i noticed that each chanel as u call it, has an rss feed link, what get posted on that feed?

Any videos uploaded by that channel during the last 3 months are posted to RSS feed for that channel up to a limit of 20. The feed can be accessed via the URL: TechieVideos.com/feed/<USERNAME>/

The user’s channel can be accessed via the URL: TechieVideos.com/<USERNAME>/

Hope that answers your question.

"WebDesignUniversity" wrote:
    i have a question tho, i noticed that each chanel as u call it, has an rss feed link, what get posted on that feed?
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.