Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Team workflow with Sass/Codekit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’m a little new to the whole preprocessor thing and I’m ready to start using a preprocessor. What is the easiest way for 2 people to work on a single project, locally, using Sass. Will codekit push to a server? I guess I’m just a little unclear on what my workflow should be. Currently I’m using Coda2 and develop directly on the server.

chrisburton
    Participant

There’s an app or something that you can use. The name slipped my mind but I want to call it Tunnel. I’ll try to find it.

http://progrium.com/localtunnel/

Andy Howells
    Participant

Git is your friend. With mine it’s all synced via Dropbox and then pushed to live and version controlled by Git.

chrisburton
    Participant

@andy_unleash Cool. I didn’t know that was possible.

Andy Howells
    Participant

The only caveat is I don’t know what would happen if you’re both editing the same file at the same time.

ooredroxoo

If need to be live coda has a feature for live colaboration, else git can handle very well, just keep a good git workflow.
    Commit both files the sass and the compiled.

TheDoc

Currently working on a project with another person at work. Git has been super important for this. We just work from branches and then merge back into master. Then we can see if there are any conflicts from working on the same file.

We had to turn off line commenting in our COMPASS generated style.css, though, as it caused merge conflicts every time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.