Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Teaching the Box Model to beginners

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    PamVanLonden
    Participant

I’ve designed a diagram to help beginning college students learn the box model.

What else does the diagram need?

Jerba
    Participant

I like the idea and I see all the functionality is there, but as a college student myself I feel the design is a little bland try spice it up a little and make it look more aesthetically pleasing and maybe animate it slightly.

EDIT: Also, when you hover below the lorum ipsem paragraph and move the cursor it makes the entire div flicker.

__
    Participant

What else does the diagram need?

kittehz

I would explicitly label the Content area.

Also,

background colors display behind images which display behind content.

should be

background colors display behind background images which display behind content.

Make sure you teach them about border-box vs content-box : )
    You could create a whole presentation about it, titled “Things Internet Explorer Got Right”!

nixnerd
    Participant

kittehz iz in yur box model makun naps

Ha ha ha.

“Things Internet Explorer Got Right”!

@traq
    What’s up with that glitch-tastic ‘s’? Did you use Zalgo? I can’t replicate it via copy and paste.

Edit: If you don’t put that kitteh in the jokes thread, I will.

nixnerd
    Participant

I̡͕̫̖̩̳̟ͤ͋͌̾̌͒̆͠’̩̻̯̤͍͖̳͌͌ͥ͆̾̈ͬ̾̃͜͝m̴̱̌ͧͦ̿̐ͧ̀͡ ̊͆̑̑̾҉̷̝̖̜̺s̥̓̇̒̀̕o̠̳̔́̿͜ ͤ͆̄̃̕҉̜̳̦̰̩̺̼̥g̹̱͖̯͕͕̘̬ͣͩ̓ͫ͋̅̈́̀̚̕l̹̲̜̮̐ͭͨ̌ͩ̾̚͟ĭ̹̹͉͍̈́̓͝t̜͓̺͈̹̪̑ͭ̀͌̌͌c̡̩̟̫͍̼̦̔ͭ͒͜h̨̹̟͖̝̺ͦ̾̏̀͝-̡̼͈͔̒͗ͭ͊͘t͎͈̬̞͓̞̖̖ͨ̿̏ͭ͑ā̧̘͕̫̣̓̀̕ş͇̯̳͎̓̔̂̿̾ͨͤ̽͘͠t̻̔͌̃̆̀͡ǐ͕̰̆ͤ̂̅̿̉̑ͩ͝͝c̼̰͇̣͍̱̃ ̬̣̳̣̼͍̪̙͈ͫͩ̄̌̆͌̇̇r͉̗͕̾̌͟į̩͓̣̜͉̘͚̹̜̇̀ͦ̿ͫͪͭ̀g̴̳͉̳ͣͦ̔́͢͡h͙̫̫̰̭̹̗͖̥͆̈͂̒̓̑̏ṯ̸̢̌ͣ̎̈́ ̰͕͍̊̌́̀͑̓ͪ͘͟͟n̗͚͔͓̦͕̦̒̐ͨ̀̚͟ͅỏ̫͖͔̹̼̜̖ͥ̂̉̓w̛̮̩̥̝̬͍͐͛ͬͥ̚͢.̣̼͔̭̄͘͢ͅ

Jerba
    Participant

I threw something together which demonstrates the box model. I can send you the markup if you’re interested, however, it’s not particularly interactive as of now… But it’s nothing a few hover states and transitions can’t fix!

http://i.imgur.com/OPwNJwe.png

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.