Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

SUGGESTIONS – Client Updatable Image Gallery

• # May 21, 2008 at 12:12 pm

I have a client who is a contractor and he wants to have a page on his site that is just photos of his recent work.

I showed him a flickr widget but he wants something that we can customize to fit into the site better and that is an entire page that he can update anytime he wants.

any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Art

# May 21, 2008 at 12:16 pm

textpattern or wordpress site.

id do textpattern bc its easier to configure imo.. but idk.

look at signalnoise.com. if you fumble around his stuff you’ll find his image gallery thats flash i assume. there has to be an easy way to update that bc ive seen it other places too.

# May 21, 2008 at 8:58 pm

I actually don’t know of anything that is a perfect solution for this. I know there are some photo-blogging specific applications that might do the trick, with (maybe?) less hassle than customizing WordPress for this.

I’m actually looking into taking up a new project and this seems like a pretty promising idea…

# May 22, 2008 at 7:29 am

Maybe you could customize a Zenphoto-gallery? It’s free, fast (depends on server) and you can modify it to your needs (html output and css).

# May 24, 2008 at 6:28 pm

I’m using Autoviewer on a site I’m developing. It uses an XML file to determine what images to load. Should work well for that. Both the free version and $40 version use the XML file, so you should be good either way (I think). Changing the filenames in the xml file should be pretty easy to teach to just about anybody… hopefully :)

http://www.airtightinteractive.com/projects/autoviewer/

# May 25, 2008 at 10:23 am

Checkout
    http://plogger.org

If you know youre stuff it is very customizeable and if your client is anything like the Contractors I have done work for WordPress will be too much for them to deal with. Especially if its for just images.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".