Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Suggestion for a good CSS Book for beginners.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ppuniversal

Hi,
    I am a new JavaScript and CSS fan… I have been a .NET developer (little bit.. last 2 years) and found myself recently with a lot of interest in JavaScript (especially jQuery) and CSS.

I want to build solid CSS foundation. Please suggest some good books for CSS.

For jQuery, I have started Learning jQuery 1.3 .. which looks like pretty interesting book.

Thanks,
    Pawan Pillai

matt25
    Participant

I think the web is the best resource for learning CSS. Have a look round subscribe to rss feeds, follow of twitter and all that and you will learn quickly and discover great resource’s for other things aswell. W3schools is a great site for learning the basics. Looking around the articles and screencasts for CSS-Tricks and other blogs. If you get stuck on anything just do a search on google for a solution like Rob who posts on this forum did a great post in the sometimes tricky art of CSS positioning; or post on forums like this one. and finally try things out, build simple web pages that display CSS techniques like positioning so you can see for yourself the effects of changes you make to the HTML/CSS. Sorry I went on but I hope it helped a bit.

ppuniversal

Thanks Matt,
    I am following web for CSS and JavaScript. But still I fell that a proper book may be useful.
    I have seen a lot of CSS-Tricks videos and other articles and am learning something everyday through web.

I will still continue my search for a good book for beginners of CSS. If found some suggestions, will surely post it here.

Thanks
    Pawan Pillai

ppuniversal
    "matt25" wrote:
    I think the web is the best resource for learning CSS. Have a look round subscribe to rss feeds, follow of twitter and all that and you will learn quickly and discover great resource’s for other things aswell. W3schools is a great site for learning the basics. Looking around the articles and screencasts for CSS-Tricks and other blogs. If you get stuck on anything just do a search on google for a solution like Rob who posts on this forum did a great post in the sometimes tricky art of CSS positioning; or post on forums like this one. and finally try things out, build simple web pages that display CSS techniques like positioning so you can see for yourself the effects of changes you make to the HTML/CSS. Sorry I went on but I hope it helped a bit.

Also, I really liked the tutorial by Rob you mentioned.
    Thanks again,
    Pawan Pillai

daGUY

Check out "Cascading Style Sheets – The Definitive Guide" by Eric Meyer. Fantastic resource to have at your disposal.

ppuniversal
    "daGUY" wrote:
    Check out "Cascading Style Sheets – The Definitive Guide" by Eric Meyer. Fantastic resource to have at your disposal.

Thanks,
    This book looks good !

Pawan Pillai

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    "ppuniversal" wrote:
    "matt25" wrote:

Also, I really liked the tutorial by Rob you mentioned.
    Thanks again,
    Pawan Pillai

hehe thanks :) – thanks for the mention matt :)

I found Bulletproof Web Design by Dan Cederholm invaluable.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.