Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Subscription Based Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I have been asked to do a proposal for a subscription based website. Members will pay a recurring subscription in return for access to the site’s content. The site is in a sector that i’m not too familiar with, but the guys who run the company are highly experienced and put across their expertise very well.

I am currently looking at a WordPress based solution, as this is currently my preferred platform and I have a lot of experience in this area, although Drupal would certainly lend itself to this type of project and there are many commercial products available as well.

I was wondering if any of you have any experience in setting up subscription based websites:

What software did you choose and why? What would you do differently? What would you recommend / stay clear of?

It’s an interesting project that I could really get my teeth in to, but there must be plenty of people that have done this before and I’m very much a "don’t reinvent the wheel" kinda guy :D Also, I’m sure there’s plenty of ideas and suggestions that I haven’t thought of.

Cheers Dave.

PS. Just looking for tips and pointers – not for someone to actually write the site for me.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.