Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Submitting JavaScript animations to client

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sheepysheep60
    Participant

Hi! So, I’ve been asked to make some very simple JavaScript animations for a company. If I were working in Flash I would simply send a SWF over to them to upload. If I’m working with JavaScript I’m most likely going to chain a few jQuery fade ins (its a super simple animation), meaning I’ll end up with a block of HTML for them, with the JavaScript and CSS most likely in that, and then a zip file of images for them to upload to their server, then there is a good chance they’ll need to update all the links in their HTML to the new location of the images, depending on how their CMS stored them.

Is what I’m describing above as crazy as it seems? Is there an easier way or should I be using something else to do this (the big thing is that they all want to be able to see it on their iPads)

Thanks! Dave

sheepysheep60
    Participant

Cool, I didn’t really mean that though, I have my own servers and things.

They will be hosting the animations that I send them. I’m just wondering if there is an easy way for me to package the contents of a JavaScript based animation into a single file, I suppose. Know anything about that?

Thanks! Dave

simonboak

You might want to consider using Base64 encoding to turn the binary images into a text string that you can embed in your code. The only downside is it increases in size by about 30%, and I think there are some issues with IE7.

http://www.greywyvern.com/code/php/binary2base64
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.