Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Sublime Text 2 – snippets workflow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    aoeui
    Participant

Hi,

one thing is making me feel uneasy
    I switched to Mac and Sublime for editing

so far I find ST 2 inbuilt snippet feature to be the best, I am trying to find some easy workflow
    how do you guys manage code snippets in ST 2 ?

I found 3 options

1.) Code Snippet Management With Gists (+ easy to use, – dependant on connection to Github)
    http://youtu.be/3cdkYdzgXLc

2.) Code Box (+ stored on disc, – is paid)
    http://www.shpakovski.com/codebox/

3.) inbuilt ST2 snippet feature (+ stored on disc, – amybe a bit slow to setup)

So I think you know my answer already, and while it is slow to set up, it is 100% personal, and therefore I find it quicker in the long run. I don’t have to learn other people’s snippets, as I make them to suit me!

SgtLegend

Personally i use TextExpander on my Mac to manage snippets because of how expandable it is when you create a new snippet.

Tampiperin

I use CodeBox, which I think is a really great program. Re workflow: you can access all of your snippets via the menu bar with a key command and easily insert them into your ST 2 page, even if CB is not running.

Heck, you can even theme it using your TM or ST theme.

Tampiperin

Just a follow-up to my comment of yesterday: I notice that CodeBox is currently on sale for $4.99 (it’s usually $11.99. If anyone was thinking about giving it a whirl, now could be the time.

The usual disclaimer: I’ve no affiliation with the company/the developer beyond being a satisfied customer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.