Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Sublime Text 2 – advanced new file, etc

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    twincy
    Participant

hey.
    it seems like the **top folder** i have in the st2 sidebar is the one that gets all the new files i save if i don’t specify a path.

i usually set up a new project with including my master web-projects folder with assets so i have it close:

FOLDERS
    > web-projects
    > current-project

(here, /current-project would probably be in xampp/htdocs/)

can anyone confirm why i can’t set ‘Promote as Project Folder’ on the 2nd folder here?
    if i move it up so it’s above /web-projects then it works automatically.

kinda annoying to write paths like ../../path/to/whatever to save the file in the proper folder. takes longer than using the mouse.

twincy
    Participant

one solution i’ve figured out is that u can actually tab-complete the path. makes it faster to write out,
    but it would be nice to get it to “work like it should”.

twincy
    Participant

can’t see anything that i **don’t** do in the links u posted.
    just wanna be quick with the creation of files in a preset path that i can change when i want.
    i guess i just have to switch between the working project and have the asset files in another project.
    lol.

i watched jeffrey way’s netTuts+ videos on sublime, actually the reasoin why i started with st2.
    [plenty of st2 joy](http://net.tutsplus.com/articles/news/perfect-workflow-in-sublime-text-free-course/)

twincy
    Participant

ok. the best way is actually to add a new file with clicking on the folder and add it. lol.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.