Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Stupid basic CSS issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ok guys I just don’t get it

So I learn CSS in a web design class in dreamweaver. Everything was ok, it seemed I understood the basics of it.
    But I’m pulling my hair out.
    I attached a stylesheet to my site. it worked fine. Then I wanted to see what would happen if I had two style sheets, I wanted two sets of rules for the body text and a sub menu, it didn’t work and the text went to default. my teacher said, you can’t do that… OK I understand. So I went to fix it, I erased both style sheets and started over. well now I cannot get it to work. I go through the same steps, but something isn’t right. I cannot open the css inside dreamweaver to see the code. I try to start with a fresh page, will not work. I can see the .css document in my site
    but when I try to highlight text and apply the css from the property bar, it just isn’t there. WTF??
    Anyone?? I’m a creative, so no big words please

Thanks Guys!
    I was able to fix the basic CSS sheet, and now I have a good idea on doing multiples, :D

Isn’t the purpose of multiple style sheets for things like "screen" "media" or "print"? Just curious or is there another scenario that would be a good reason to have multiple style sheets?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.