Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Strange Textarea Issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cssgirl
    Participant

I didn’t code this, but I’m having some problems with my works ui, and we’re trying to find out why.

It’s like a riddle ;P

Ok, so take a look at the screenshot below:

[attachment=0]texareaproblem.gif[/attachment]

As you can see the yellow text area expands way wider than my monitor. (I’m on a 24" in widescreen). Which as you can imagine is a problem with reading.

It only happens on my job’s website textareas.

Now here’s the tricky part. At first we blamed my Firefox and plugins/themes. So I went and disabled everything back to basic. Same issue. And, here’s the kicker… it’s happening in IE7 too. Not IE6, just IE7.

And I’m the only one it’s happening to (that we know of).

What could cause this? What’s the fix?

I’ve suggested the main UI guy go in and just add some widths for textareas, but he seems to not want to do that.

Anyone?

whaleo

Hi cssgirl

A few suggestions:

• If the problem persists in Firefox, try using firebug to check out the issues.[/*:m]
    • There’s a developer plugin for firefox that let’s you check if the CSS and javascript for errors and gives you some pretty detailed info on each[/*:m]
    • Disable the javascript.[/*:m]
    • Check if it validates with W3C[/*:m]
    • Tell the UI guy to stop being such a wet![/*:m][/list:u]

Tell me what you come up with.

Whaleo :)

cssgirl
    Participant

Have tried both firebug and web dev as well as aardvark, which I use all the time ;P Love them. Just tried disabling javascript… no go. It doesn’t validate, I know that for a fact because of the enormous amount of JS and other goodies we have in there.

Oh well, I guess I’ll just create a one line style for the ui and set a width for textareas myself :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.