Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS index2.html With Template Not Holding Page Background At #999999 – All Other Pages Do

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GAtkins

Relative newb here. First post. Great site.

The following link is a site set up with Dreamweaver. Make sure not to put “www” in front of it, there are some redirects going on, but that’s not the issue.

http://garrisonassetmanagement.com/index2.html

This page, and every other in the site, has the same template applied, with a page properties background color set as #999999. When this page loads, it will briefly flash a #999999 background, but will not hold it. Every other page will hold the #999999 background from the same template. If you don’t see it flash #999999 on the first load, hit reload a couple of times real fast in Chrome.

If someone could please take a quick look at it I would be most grateful. I have been pulling my hair out for hours on this. It worked yesterday and I did no work on the site today prior to my first look at it live when I noticed the phenomenon. Then of course I tired to fix it to no avail. I have looked at every piece of code I can think of and can’t get just that one page to hold a #999999 or any background other than white.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Glenn

TheDoc

It has some sort of inline style being applied via JavaScript.

Line 7 of this file is causing it: EXc_MarketUpdate_US.js

GAtkins

Doc, you’re a genius my friend. I would have never found that in a million years. How did you know to look there so quickly? Just trying to learn.

Thanks so much for your help.

Glenn

TheDoc

The first thing that I did is I inspected the element to find out *how* it was changing color. When I saw the inline styles, I assumed that it was coming from JS, or else you would just be able to remove it yourself.

From there I searched through the scripts (also using the inspector) for the term ‘body’ to see if any of the scripts were modifying it. Took probably less than a minute of total time. This is why the Inspector is so powerful! Check out this article to learn more about it: http://jtaby.com/2012/04/23/modern-web-development-part-1.html

GAtkins

Will do, thank you. As an aside, I found out this morning that the third-party vendor of that market information altered their js. They are looking into as we speak. It’s got to be either their call to background-color: transparent; or their inline style to .backgroundColor=”F0F0F0″, which is basically white. Like so:

Thanks again for your help.

Glenn

GAtkins

Ok, just got a email from them and they fixed and it now works. They changed the code to this:

Took out the transparent and changed the element id.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.