Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Sticky Footer and Dynamic Sidebar Confusion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    doobie

Hello again,

I am working on my first WP Theme. It’s still sitting on a local test server, so I can’t offer a live link. I have a screenshot, which will hopefully offer some insight.

The Problem:
    When my Sidebar grows longer than the main content column, the Sidebar "grows" right on through my Sticky Footer. Both the main content div and the sidebar div are wrapped in a page-wrap. The Footer is outside of the page-wrap div, so as to get the full-width footer effect. I can’t figure out why the sidebar doesn’t push the footer farther down the page when it grows.

Thanks for your help!

-Doobie

Mr KiTT3N

try clearing the div, you can set the wrapper to overflow: auto (not sure at the moment)

or droping a <br class="clear"/> (inside the wrapper at the end) and styling that br tag with {clear:both; height: 0;}

doobie

Thanks Mr Kitt3n. I’ll try that. Would that be at the end of the sidebar div? I’ll double check, but I’m pretty sure I’ve got a clear:both just before the opening footer div. I’ll post back after I check.

Thanks,

Doobie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.