Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Starting a mobile version

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    johnjf

I want to make my portfolio mobile friendly. How would I go about doing this?

Do I create a new css file for the mobile version and link to it? if so what do I put to link to the mobile css?

Are there any good tutorials on creating a mobile website that anyone can share?

Thank you

Paulie_D

It all depends on how your current site is structured in HMTL & CSS.

It may not be possible or at least very difficult to convert your existing site to mobile without seriously considering a total rebuild.

Do you have a link to your current site?

johnjf

no sorry, I just created the site and didn’t upload the new theme yet. I’m going to be converting it into wordpress.

Paulie_D

Then it’s going to be tough to help you because we don’t know what the site looks like and how it’s coded.

geoNerd

If you’re going to be converting it to WordPress, there’s three options: make a responsive theme, use a theme switcher, or a plugin like WPtouch. WordPress’ 2011 theme is already responsive.

I’ve been playing around with some responsive themes and had success, but like Paulie_D said, it would take some rebuilding.

Your website’s HTML/CSS structure very important for mobile version when you on simple web , or when work on CMS like wordpress you can change your theme to responsive for it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.