Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Starting a mobile version

• # November 1, 2012 at 11:57 am

I want to make my portfolio mobile friendly. How would I go about doing this?

Do I create a new css file for the mobile version and link to it? if so what do I put to link to the mobile css?

Are there any good tutorials on creating a mobile website that anyone can share?

Thank you

# November 1, 2012 at 12:01 pm

It all depends on how your current site is structured in HMTL & CSS.

It may not be possible or at least very difficult to convert your existing site to mobile without seriously considering a total rebuild.

Do you have a link to your current site?

# November 1, 2012 at 1:25 pm

no sorry, I just created the site and didn’t upload the new theme yet. I’m going to be converting it into wordpress.

# November 1, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Then it’s going to be tough to help you because we don’t know what the site looks like and how it’s coded.

# November 1, 2012 at 10:35 pm

If you’re going to be converting it to WordPress, there’s three options: make a responsive theme, use a theme switcher, or a plugin like WPtouch. WordPress’ 2011 theme is already responsive.

I’ve been playing around with some responsive themes and had success, but like Paulie_D said, it would take some rebuilding.

# November 3, 2012 at 2:55 am

Your website’s HTML/CSS structure very important for mobile version when you on simple web , or when work on CMS like wordpress you can change your theme to responsive for it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".