Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Starting A Blog.

• # December 30, 2011 at 11:20 am

There’s a course on lynda.com which will take you from the basics of PHP and mySQL right through to building your own Content Management System: http://www.lynda.com/PHP-tutorials/php-with-mysql-essential-training/435-2.html?srchtrk=index%3A7linktypeid%3A2q%3Aphppage%3A1s%3Arelevancesa%3Atrueproducttypeid%3A2

It really is good and very thorough. Lynda.com costs about $25 a month to join, which is a bargain for the quality of information you can gain. I’d save yourself the time trawling through free tutorials and just pay for a quality video service like this and learn properly.

John

# December 31, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Take a look at MODx. MODx is great CMS that gives you a totally blank content system to start. Its much easier to develop a site/blog from scratch if you really want something custom. WordPress is great but its a royal pain if you want to do your own thing…

# January 3, 2012 at 8:42 am

Perch is also a pretty sweet CMS – it’s not free, but it’s very light weight and gives you a lot of freedom over the design of your site, I use it on most of my clients sites too.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".