Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Start of a new site, not rendering right in older version of FF

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeager

It works in Opera, new FF, chrome, and IE. However the background doesn’t stretch properly in FF 3.6, and for whatever reason the footer isn’t properly being colored and the margin-top isn’t working correctly.

As the title says, it is only the start of the site, so only the index is on right now. However, it is working as intended elsewhere.

Site hosted on my college server account:
    http://people.ysu.edu/~jtpenezich/#

Edit: Im looking at it using dev tools in chrome, and it isn’t using or even showing that I added hsla background below the rgba. Not sure what that’s about either.

footer {
    clear:both;
    font-size:1.2em;
    text-align:center;
    line-height:40px;
    width:800px;
    height:40px;
    margin:25px auto 0 auto;
    background:url(../images/60%white_bg.png);
    background:rgba(255,255,255,0.6);
    background:hsla(0, 0%, 100%, 0.6);
    -moz-box-shadow: 2px 3px 4px #666; /* FF3.5+ */
    -webkit-box-shadow: 2px 3px 4px #666; /* Saf3.0+, Chrome */
    box-shadow: 2px 3px 4px #666; /* Opera 10.5, IE9, Chrome 10+ */
    }
    Jeager

Will do. I just figured I should get into the habit of hsla and rgba, for when the time comes when most browsers will support it. But yeah, why isn’t the footer working is what I’m after.

And using rgba on box shadow would be how? -moz-box-shadow: 2px 3px 4px #rgba(xxx,xxx,xxx,x.x);?

Jeager

Well, its the same colors as all my other sections of the site, its the only one not working, and only in 3.6 (and dreamweaver). But it does have a fallback background image. So really kinda stumped on it.

Edit: I got it working by making it a div with an id of footer, and just swaped some stuff around. HOWEVER, why wouldn’t this work normally? I have the html5shim in place. Which I just realized is for IE lt 9… Anyway to have this for FF 3.6 also? Or will I be needing a display:block in there

Edit2: Sure enough it works with the reset, but I was hoping I could get away with it without one. Seems the shim is pointless if the reset is needed anyway?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.