Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Speed to load

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andy Howells
    Participant

Hi all, hope you can help – I’ve just unveiled our new company site but had some feedback saying that load times were slow.

I’ve minified the JS and am using an additional server for the larger images but don’t know if it may just be slow connectivity on visitors end.

Hoping you guys might be able to check it out for me and let me know if the load speed is tolerable;

http://www.unleash-it.co.uk/

Billy
    Participant

The whole thing was fats enough, apart from the large image with the animation (which has badly cut out pictures) which seemed to take a long time.
    I don’t think it’s something that can change that quickly, unless you used a CSS animation and a CSS radial background (ehich would make the whole thing much faster on the rest)

Andy Howells
    Participant

Yeah the slideshow images are pretty terrible – they’re basic placeholders at the minute and will look sexier when sorted – definitely see your point on the css background will implement that to hopefully drag the load time down.

–> I edited one of them to use a radial css background and bang – knocked 200K off the requirement by just having the cloud bit as a PNG. Cheers for suggestion cyne, should have done it in the first place!

TheDoc

Totaly page load time for me as a little over 7 seconds – which doesn’t make sense considering the file size of the site (downloaded a little over 1mb).

Andy Howells
    Participant

I think it might be the twitter feed, I’ve caught it loading slowly when I scroll down fast so I think it might be holding up the page, though it is at the bottom of the header so wouldn’t expect it to have too much impact.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.