Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Sorry one last question…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    goalieman34

Hey sorry about the constant questions. I really do appreciate all the help. I am looking to move my stock ticker to the right hand side of the very top nav bar (to the right of Disclaimer) and shift the 3 titles over to the left and plunk it beside them flush with the end of the page content.
    Thanks so much

http://petrowest.squarespace.com/

Johnnyb
    #stockticker {
    position: absolute;
    top: 0px;
    right: 0px;
    }

Change ‘right’ to ‘left’ and change the top value to whatever you like.

#topNav {
    position: relative;
    height: 0px;
    text-align: right;
    margin: 0;
    margin-bottom: -25px;
    }

Change text-align:right to text-align: left

goalieman34

@Johnnyb Thanks! everything is almost in place. when I view it on my laptop it is fine but when I look at on my I phone the stock ticker is still way to the right. Any idea why?

timmey

the problem is the

position: absolute;

just reduce the sice of window on the laptop and it should not be visible.
    because the parent container “canvas” and “canvasWrapper” have no position-attribute the “stockticker” div is set 1010px from the left window-border.

if you have a large screen it may be positioned good, but if you have a small one, you cant see it.

change your css

#stockticker { float:right}

resize the bwoser and i hope you see what i mean.

goalieman34

@timmey Why is it that when I float this to the right it ends up way over to the other side of the page.
    http://petrowest.squarespace.com/

timmey

well if you set float: right the element is put to the right side of its container “canvas”. but you cant use position:absolute; and float together, float has no effect there. i looked at your page again, maybe changing the following styles will help to position your stockticker on the right side of your nav:

#canvasWrapper { width: 960px; padding: 0 8px 0 8px; position: relative;}

#topNav {position: absolute;height: 0px;top: 60px;right: 160px;text-align: right;margin: 0;}

#stockticker { position:absolute;top:0px; right: -60px;}

because #canvasWrapper has a position-attribute now, #topNav and #stockticker set there right and top values from #canvasWrapper and not the hole page.

sorry my english isnt that good, i hope you understand what iam trying to say :D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.