Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Something horrible has happened to my blog

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

It looks like my wordpress blog post are no longer separated into separate divs. Like all the content is just thrown into the same div. What could have happened?

http://goodwynbuilding.com/blog/

Thanks

TheDoc

I would look at the template. Either index.php or blog.php – maybe something got changed. Did you update a theme or a plugin?

Matteo

Well, there is a missing closing after this paragraph:

The results of this test are available as a PDF download.
    Home Energy Rating Certificate

Try to correct that, if you have access to your html just remove the two
    (that I cannot see in any other posts) and add a

Matteo

PS: I don’t think the posts were ever enclosed in divs

Matteo

Sorry, the code got mangled: I meant a closing

and remove the two line break

No I didn’t change any php.
    Do you know exactly what part adds divs around the post?

This looks normal.

I dont have a blog.php, maybe when I installed it was called single.php?

Matteo

Check your latest post as per my previous instructions! I think you messed up the html.

Closing didn’t work.

TheDoc

Well, if you didn’t change anything, I’m guess there were no divs around it in the first place?

So you’re saying you haven’t changed ANYthing and then just out of no where you visited your site and it was screwed up?

Maybe you are right, looking back at the Starkers Naked theme there are none.

But yes, I was just adding and previewing a new post I was writing when I noticed the problem.

Matteo

Have a look at all my previous comments… you missed a closing paragraph tag.

Paragraph tags are self closing. That has never been a problem on the blog. But I closed the first 3 post anyway.

Senff
    Participant

Seems like each individual blog post should be wrapped in a container such as

…or something alike, but they’re not. This is usually defined in loop.php I believe. Might want to check if that file has been updated recently?

Senff
    Participant

Another thing that’s possible…. Since ALL posts are wrapped in a div with ID “blogPost” (singular!), perhaps your list of blog posts is using the wrong template? Maybe one that should only be used for single posts instead of a listing?

If you have a specific page that lists the posts and you can select a template in the admin, you may want to check there.

Yea actually I dont think the post are separated in divs. My personal blog is built the same way and it is not separated into divs.

I noticed that if I put a clear float at the end of my post it fixes that post. Where would I insert that clear float in the PHP so that I dont have to place it at the end of every post?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.