Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End [Solved] WordPress Query

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    benn
    Participant

Hey there.
    Im trying to pull in content from two different pages and display them on to a sidebar.

What i was hoping was to display random content from two different pages into a sidebar, but only 3 in total.

What i have is video and photo pages, and i would like to display 3 random thumbnails that also link to the video, basically act how they do on there main pages but displayed in the sidebar.

Hope this makes a little sense :-/

Can this be done in wordpress?

B

benn
    Participant

I figured it out, by accident by still it works.

I used the same template setup i had for calling the video’s and changed the showposts amount to just one so it always loads the newest video. Not bad hey :)

I did get stumped when it came to showing the sidebar on the pages i wanted as i have a php statement which was looking only at if it was the video home page and the video category i was extracting the videos from. What i had to do was change the names around for the pages i wanted the videos to appear on except the third page had to be the slug. Not sure why it wouldn’t work just by calling the name. But hey its working.

I will post the site once it has launched. And with approval of the clients.

Cheers everyone

B

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.