Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End [Solved] Unordered List not Displaying on WP Page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ranger

so, I have a page on my wordpress site, i’ve placed an unordered list within the content of that page (in the html view of the edit page). However, when I load that page, the list does not seem to be responding. what’s the deal? interestingly it does show up in the "visual" tab, but not on the actual site.

here’s the list, what I put directly in my page post.

Code:

Basic Principles of Our Diabetes Care Practice

• We believe that almost all patients with Type 1 diabetes will achieve better control using insulin pump technology. Not everybody, but most everybody.
    • Preventing hypoglycemia is a key to optimal management of diabetes for people who use insulin.
    • We believe that weight control for most people wth Type 2 diabetes is the most important factor in improving their health and we make that a key focus of our work. Weight control strongly influences the choices of medications we use in Type 2 diabetes and we emphasize those that faciliate weight loss.
    • Achieving optimal blood sugar control is a methodical, long-term effort tailored to each individual. It should be done in a way best suited to the individual and as much as possible done so as to not complicate life or make it more difficult. It should be done carefully, step-by-step with careful assessment along the way to see what is being accomplished. The ultimate goal is to accomplish the best control of glycemia that is compatible with successful day-to-day life.

and here’s the page itself:
    http://wasatchendo.com/blog/?page_id=62

I feel like i’m missing something pretty simple here.
    thanks!

cybershot
    Participant

I am guessing you fixed the problem. I can see the list.

Ranger

really? maybe it’s just not appearing how I expected it would, does this look right?

[attachment=0]Picture 4.png[/attachment]

and that’s after changing it to an ordered list, so there should be numbers or something, right?

cybershot
    Participant

well, it looks like the tags were stripped out. did you post it into the html part or the design part. There is a tab that says html. Try reposting it into that tab

Ranger

I posted it in the Html View, not the visual tab.

Ranger

alright, I’ve managed to knock down those errors to 9. those nine are mostly errors caused by list elements created by wordpress, specifically the list pages navigation i’ve made. it says i need a containing element like a <ul> (which is already there) so, I dunno. i’ve been relying on the firebug error checker thing, which i’m now learning is not the same as checking for validation.

As for the list elements on that page, the ol css code did the trick.

Any ideas for a "proper" css reset? the one I used was recommended by many sites. I’ll have to do some more research on that.

thanks everyone, for your input

Ranger

thanks again for the tips Apostrophe,
    using a proper reset has helped in a lot of ways actually.
    just goes to show that sometimes I don’t even know the right question to ask.

cybershot
    Participant

you might also try the list position property. Set it to inside

Ranger

wasn’t aware of that property, thanks for the tip.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.