Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End [Solved] tumblelog/wordpress question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

hello all!

i’m working on a blog that shows one post per page – using this code on my index page

Code:

id=”post-“>

Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.

what i’m trying to to is implement something like this:

http://perishablepress.com/press/2006/11/22/perishable-press-triple-loop-for-wordpress/

so i can show tumblelog style posts in my footer.

i have the code working just fine. it shows the tumblelog style posts in the footer, but what i’m trying to do is keep my main posts separate from my tumblelog style posts. as it stands, when i hit previous – and go to my single.php, it takes me to whatever the previous post is – whether or not it’s a tumblelog or main post catagory.

my next previous links on my main header are

and header single the are:

Code:

what i mean is, i only want the main posts to show up on single php and i want my tumblelog style posts to remain in the footer.

does that make sense? i really appreciate any help that can be provided.

cheers,

DSD.

You can use the $in_same_cat parameter to restrict navigation to the category of the current post. Alternatively you can set $excluded_categories to the categories you want to exclude. (It’s a bit of a strange syntax, you use $excluded_categories = "1 and 7 and 8 and 31" ).

Code:

I guess I should have done a little searching on the topic as this info is readily available right there in the codex. I’ve implemented your code and it’s working perfectly. Thank you for your quick reply. It was a big help.

Cheers,

D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.