Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End [Solved] Speed up load time on wordpress blog

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    leehughes

Hi,

After going round a few forums asking for reviews of my site, one problem keeps coming up. The load time of my site is too slow..

How can I speed this up?

I just recently added a 3D map to my site which contains the following in the header

Code:

Am guessing this will slow the page load time alot ?

Also this contains something like 70 validation errors..

Am thinking of getting rid of this as I don’t fancy attempting to fix the errors and to view the map you need to install a google plugin which I doubt strangers would do just to view it.

any other things that could be slowing down my page?

Thanks

http://www.leehughes.co.uk

http://www.leehughes.co.uk/3d-route/

thanks

TheDoc

It’s bad for two reasons:

1) As you’ve noticed, it totally slows the website down, and

2) Some people (probably the majority), won’t have the Google Earth plugin (like me, for example). So I waited and waited only to have something tell me that I couldn’t view it.

If you want to have it, put it on a special page that people can go to, certainly not the index.

leehughes

Hi,

Due to the way the code is done.. I have to put it in the header which basically means that every page that is viewed would have to scan through this code..

Just wondering how much this would slow down the page..

Looks like I will have to loose it :(

TheDoc

Nay nay.

Just create a new template specific for the page that will have the map on it. Only put the JS in that template.

leehughes

Am such a idiot!!!

"leehughes" wrote:
    Am such an* idiot!!!

lol.. dont blame yourself.. even I never thought of it that we could put the required javascripts in the respected templates rather than including them in the header! Thanks a ton TheDoc! ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.