Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Remove Navigation Padding

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hie

I would like my sub navigation on this page
    http://creativeastro.com/MSHeating/replacement.php
    to start in the same line as the h1 without what seems like left padding, how do I do that? I have tried margin:0px; and padding:none but it does not seem to work.

Oh yeah, one more thing I have these rectangles in the middle of my text which I do not understand where they are coming from, how do I remove them. You can see an example on this page but I do have them on about 4 other pages. I have had them since I used notepad++ to edit because I do not have dreamweaver on this computer.

Thanks

azazul
    Participant

While you develop your page, you should begin your css with

Code:
    *{
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0;
    }

And then you should replace the * with all the tags you have used on your page.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Hey – firstly the random squares in your text are unrecognised Chars. It means you have cut and pasted the text and the £ $ ‘ is not recognised by the browser – you should really use the entities references like this:

£ = £
    ‘ = '
    " = &quote;

etc etc…

As for your menu – I dont really get what you are trying to do… I suggest you get yourself firebug – you can change stuff on the fly then and see whats styling what easily.

ikeman1

You used something called Quick Menu and that has padding in several of it’s elements including the submenu dropdown container and the submenu list items.

Hie
    Thank you all for your responses
    No it is not quick menu navigation. There are two types of navigation on the page, the main one next tothe logo and phone number. Then there is one under the heading Special Offer. That is the one I am talking about.
    I would like it to start in the same line, left aligned as the Special offer heading. There is no padding or margin-left in my css.

I hope someone can help.

Thank you apostrophe, that did it.
    One more thing how do I get rid of those what somebody called ‘the random squares in your text are unrecognised Chars.’ I have looked in my code and replaced the pound sign with &pound, and the rest of the content looks fine to the eye so I cannot understand where they are coming from.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.