Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Overflow Property

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    james.davis

I need some assistance in getting my content to scroll. I am using the full background technique but I am unable to get my content to scroll. Can someone review my code and see what I am doing wrong?

http://gbs-ncnw.org/newSite/index.html

You’ll need to give your main content area a specific height and width (I believe that’s #mainContent), remove the width from #article, and then use overflow:auto; on the #mainContent to make it scroll if necessary.

beeldspraak
    Participant

Hi I just looked at your website and noticed how you have the full background image in a div in tables. Was this the code from Chris by any chance or something else?

Thanks

Chris

james.davis

Chris, at first I tried it my way and it did not work, so I used the code exactly how Chris has it.

Falken, the suggestion you gave still did not work. I need the width on the .article though because I do not want it to span the width on the page. Also #container is the wrapper for my body and #mainContent is where I put the recent articles.

james.davis

Fellas,

Thanks for your help but I was able to figure it out. It was my z-index. I had to remove it from my #mainContent and place it on the #wrapper. Once I did this my scroll bar appeared. I learned alot playing with this issues over the past three days.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.