Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] h2 Acting Like an Inline Element

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jinfiesto

I’m trying to add top and bottom margins to an h2 tag. For whatever reason, it refuses to behave.

*note, h2’s are refusing to accept styling universally, not just in the html example I posted.*
    *h2’s accept all styling except padding and margins*

Here’s the CSS

Code:
    h2 {
    font-family: Georgia, Palatino, ‘Palatino Linotype’, Times, ‘Times New Roman’, serif;
    font-size: 1.5em;
    line-height: 1.25
    margin-top: 1.25em;
    }

Here’s the HTML

Code:

About Us

Sierra Technology Group is a Reno based computer technology and network consulting firm. The company is currently owned by its founder, Darren McBride, a UNR graduate in electrical engineering. The company began as “Sierra Computer Control” in 1982, and was originally engaged in computer hardware and software design. Mr. McBride spent 4 years doing much of the pioneer work in the field of English/Arabic computing for various Middle Eastern governments. In 1987, the company focused their business model on the resale of computer equipment and services in Northern Nevada. Since then, Sierra Computers Ltd. doing business as Sierra Technology Group, has achieved sales growth from 10% to 20% per year every single year.

Contact Us

1900 Vassar Street
    Reno, NV 89502
    (775)-322-6455
    [email protected]

Thanks

TheDoc
    Code:
    h2 {
    font-family: Georgia, Palatino, ‘Palatino Linotype’, Times, ‘Times New Roman’, serif;
    font-size: 1.5em;
    line-height: 1.25
    margin-top: 1.25em;
    }

You are missing a semi-colon after "line-height:1.25".

AshtonSanders
    Participant

It sounds like you have more CSS which is overwriting your padding/margin.

Do you have a live link? Or can you copy all of your CSS for us?

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Nutz, he’s faster and *righter* ;)

jinfiesto

Wow, the hilarity never stops. That was spectacularly stupid. Sorry I bothered you all.

TheDoc
    "jinfiesto" wrote:
    Wow, the hilarity never stops. That was spectacularly stupid. Sorry I bothered you all.

Those ones can be particularly hard to spot. I was in the middle of replying the same thing that Ashton had written, except my eye caught it just as I was about to hit submit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.