Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Footer works on some pages but not other?…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    WildSpirit

I’ve been working on this for hours and am not making any progress. This is my first time using a lightbox and my footer is coming up and covering part of the light box. My footer doesn’t seem to do this on my home page but I’ve noticed it moves up on my Contact Us page when I adjust the height of my browser but I think this has more to do with the fact I wanted a "stick to the bottom" footer.

But I’m still frustrated as to what is going on with it going over the lightbox. I’ve added different divs, changed stuff using firebug and still nada!

Here is the link http://jalopycabins.com/available.html

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
    Lyle

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Hey :)

Firstly – you need to sort out your nav bar. Its silly to use that much padding. Make the UL#nav the same size as the background image, and remove the padding. Then the LI’s contained within it, float them right – use position relative, and give them a top position so that they sit in the brown nav bar again – this will bring them back down to the brown bar. That will atleast get rid of all that evil padding. You will then have to figure your drop downs again – but its a small price to pay.

Have you investigated the sticky footer info in the forums? Here is one of the links, if you search for "sticky footer" in the top right you will find lots of topics on the CSS Sticky footer :D

http://ryanfait.com/sticky-footer/

WildSpirit

I didn’t know that padding was that evil lol The thought of making the nav a set height never accrued to me, guess you learn something new everyday! I’ll work on that later and get it sorted out!

I’ve looked at the sticky footer questions before but I’ll go back and take another look. It was just driving me nuts last night that it wasn’t doing it on my homepage but it was on the Available Cabins page.

Thanks!
    Lyle

Rob MacKay
    Participant

its only evil because it can be rendered differently be some *cough*IE*cough* browsers… and its for padding, not positioning ;)
    This rendering can effect the chain of elements that are touching it, so it can actually effect things like your footer for example… ANYWAY yea sticky footers can be a little strange to get your head round – but there is lots of info about – let us know how you get on :)

WildSpirit

OK worked on the Navigation. Finally figured out that I need to reverse the order of things to have them actually show in the order I want which seems backwards but then again seems to be working. However, since I’m still new to coding, I have no idea what is now throwing my drop down menu off…

Also, still having the same footer problem on my available cabins page…

http://jalopycabins.com/available.html

Any suggestions?….

WildSpirit

Figured out the footer… I feel retarded. I’ve spent hours trying everything. Did I not close something, Do I have some margins messing something up, ect.

There was one itsy bitsy thing messing it up… a comma. Yup a little comma after html, body, {height: 100%;}
    I removed the , after body and TAH DAH! all fixed.

Still not having any luck on the navigation… Any help? Please?

Thanks!
    Lyle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.