Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

[Solved] Font Editor

• # April 18, 2011 at 11:20 am

I have found a font I like however, the spacing does not seem proportionate. Has anyone had experience or used a font editor or know of something that can help on this situation?

# April 18, 2011 at 1:02 pm

do you mean the letter-spacing?

p {
    letter-spacing: -0.5em;
    }
    # April 18, 2011 at 1:06 pm

No, if it were that simple I would have used letter-spacing. The individual who created the font obviously did not take spacing the font proportionally into consideration that you see in Pro fonts. My question is if anyone has experience editing a font-family or know of such a program to do so?

# April 18, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I believe FontLab can be used to adjust the kerning of fonts if thats what your after?

http://www.fontlab.com/font-editor/fontlab-studio/

Not used it myself though so its not a recommendation, just a suggestion.

# April 18, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Oh wow. Thats um, pretty pricey to buy without feedback of using it. I’ll try the demo and see what gives. Thanks

# April 18, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Ha that is pretty damn pricey, sorry friend. Their typetool does the same job, you’ve got a second font editing trial there as well.

# April 18, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Haha, it was expected. Problem is, I have no idea where to start. I tried contacting the font designer to fix the issue. We’ll see. Maybe i’ll spend the day watching tutorials which I did not want to do.

# April 21, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Maybe reconstruct the font on FontStruct… it’ll take a lot of work, but you can make any changes you want.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".