Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End [Solved] A Little Bit of Help with WordPress Page Please?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    silvers

Hi,

This is driving me nuts and i bet it’s a really easy fix, but i haven’t been able to work it out yet.

this is my site… http://www.allthebestvids.com

apart from being basic, and noy actually showing the vids yet, its all good. the basic structure is fine. which means the index.php is all good. but if you click a vid and thus use the single.php there seems to be a problem.

like this http://allthebestvids.com/sexy/natalie-oxley-fhm-sexy/

it calls the sidebar.php before it closes the main section. even though in the code it looks to be outside. it’s really getting on my nerves and i’m hoping some hero can come in and save me from a weekend of torture!

please help, many thanks.

blue642

first, this belongs in the CMS section as it is likely not a CSS issue.

Regardless, can you please post your single page php code… It will give us better insight to the problem.

silvers

alright cool, i didn’t realise there was a cms section on this forum. if someone could move this it would be sweet.

anyway back to the problem… the single.php looks like this…

Code:

leave a response, or ” rel=”trackback”>trackback from your own site.

comment_status) && (‘open’ == $post->ping_status)) {
    // Only Pings are Open ?>
    Responses are currently closed, but you can ” rel=”trackback”>trackback from your own site.

comment_status) && !(‘open’ == $post->ping_status)) {
    // Comments are open, Pings are not ?>
    You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

comment_status) && !(‘open’ == $post->ping_status)) {
    // Neither Comments, nor Pings are open ?>
    Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.

TheDoc

*Moved to CMS section

silvers

dude!

Nice one man! yeah the comments.php was calling the sidebar as well so i deleted it and it worked.

thank you very much apostrophe, i don’t think i would have worked that out, so you have really helped me there! i really appreciate it.

thanks again man!

edit

that’s also a great idea to comment the divs so you can view it in firebug. Awesome tip!

TheDoc
    "silvers" wrote:
    that’s also a great idea to comment the divs so you can view it in firebug. Awesome tip!

I would be bald from stress and hair pulling if I didn’t comment every closing div.

blue642
    "TheDoc" wrote:
    I would be bald from stress and hair pulling if I didn’t comment every closing div.

Hehe, I agree…

Also, I am glad this got resolved.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.