Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Software/Plugin to automatically sort CSS selectors/properties

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

In the comments of the recent “CSS Order” poll, it was asked if there were any tools that can sort your CSS based on whatever settings you prefer (ie. alphabetized, by type, etc…).

Someone mentioned CSScomb, so i tried the Sublime Text 2 plugin, but it only gave me an error message, so I tried the CSSTidy plugin, which cleaned things up, but didn’t sort anything. Years ago, I used a software package called TopStyle Pro that had the option to “sweep” up your CSS and sort everything in whatever order you specified, which was really nice.

My question now is if there are currently any similar tools/plugins that can do this? I usually use Dreamweaver or Notepad++/Sublime Text 2, so a plugin would be preferable. I like to use the Dreamweaver CSS dialog sometimes for convenience, but the code usually comes out sorted in whatever order it’s entered, leaving me to clean things up manually, which can take some time. Thanks for any suggestions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I guess this is best done manually, or I just don’t know how to make plugins work! =P

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, that’s a good tip, CTRL + SHIFT + UP/DOWN ARROW will help speed things up… Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.