Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Sliding Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Locke
    Participant

I just finish this restaurant website

and I give a try to scroll-to jquery plugin, and works fine…. also I use a couple of swf , for quick development and update. :D

Hope you can give some feedback !

thanks!

AshtonSanders
    Participant

I like the style a lot. I would do two things:

1) make the spacing between screens a little wider. I’ve got a 1440 px wide screen, which really isn’t that large, and I can see the arrows for the next screens. (I kept clicking on the one arrow thinking it was going to take me back to the home page…)
    2) Create a hover state for your arrows. It doesn’t have to be a huge difference, but just enough to easily tell that they are really buttons.

side note: Any way to turn down the music so it’s more of barely noticeable elevator music?

My 2 pence.

Locke
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback

"AshtonSanders" wrote:
    I like the style a lot. I would do two things:

1) make the spacing between screens a little wider. I’ve got a 1440 px wide screen, which really isn’t that large, and I can see the arrows for the next screens. (I kept clicking on the one arrow thinking it was going to take me back to the home page…)

I have to stop using my laptop , I always forgot that resolutions… :D

"AshtonSanders" wrote:
    2) Create a hover state for your arrows. It doesn’t have to be a huge difference, but just enough to easily tell that they are really buttons.

Excellent , I have just add a hover efect in every arrow.

"AshtonSanders" wrote:
    side note: Any way to turn down the music so it’s more of barely noticeable elevator music?

:? emm.. sorry man I don’t get what you mean, hehe, sorry , you know my english sukz :D

bUt many thanks , for the feedback….

Locke
    Participant

Just thinking about the resolution issue that @AshtonSanders kindly make me notice……

How can I make a full opacity in the instance that I’m not watching. I mean , when I click in the arrow the instance disappear with opacity 0 and fade out effect but when I return to that instance it came with opacity 100 and fade in effect.

I don’t know if I explain my self well , ‘cos my English sukz… but

I’m trying , and well I’m not that expert in jquery …

so I use

Code:
    onAfter: function () {
    $(‘#window1’).animate({
    opacity: 0
    }

but I don’t know how to do it with all id windows and also how to make a return to fade in the content…

Does this is possible or I’m just dreaming in the impossible….?

:D

thanks!

Luminated

I love Zero7!

friendofpugs

I’d second kill the music. So 1990’s.

I’m sure it was the language barrier, but I wasn’t sure what the website was for – a restaurant? art gallery? a restaurant/art gallery combo? I’m lost here. It needs to be clear from the initial launch screen. At least incorporate it into the title of the website.

Nonetheless, this is a VERY good effort – loads better than most dining websites out there. Good job!

Cheers!

Locke
    Participant

Hi all , thanks for the feedback

I also don’t like the music , but the owner , give me the mp3 and he love it…. I will tell you an anecdote that happen the fist day I show the web to the owner…..

-He open the web page and the music starts , he sit down a listen to music instead of watching the web page… uncommon isn’t… :lol:

Quote:
    I’m sure it was the language barrier, but I wasn’t sure what the website was for – a restaurant? art gallery? a restaurant/art gallery combo? I’m lost here. It needs to be clear from the initial launch screen. At least incorporate it into the title of the website.

Yo just got the idea compleatly, The Place is a Restaurant with a Gallery art, well not that gallery..it will shows commonly industrial design things..mm..jeje , (chairs, tables, beds, and etc…mmm) but the first is a restaurant with international fusion la la la gastronomy …..

I just fix some CSS, but for my misfortune, IE7 mess up everything again … I hate soooo much IE6-7-8….

Thanks all for the feedback!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.