Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Site mockup – Tips & Tricks plz?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Voyd

Well this is my first post here so I would like to say hello fellow forumers ;)

Well this is my first webpage layout and I am atm figuring out how I would use this combined with HTML/CSS ;( I am going for a manga page but in spanish "MangaenLinea"=MangaOnline so I am aiming for a onemanga type of page. I would love if any of you killersite forumers could help me here and there… not "spoon feed" but your insight will help me complete my project

[img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/HollowVoyd/mangaenlinealayout.png[/img]

Questions:

1. How would I be able to display the Most viewed manga (manga mas visitado) I am guessing its with javascript. Same with Actualizaciones recientes (Recent Updates)

2. General tips on how to implement this layout to my html. I would guess it would be slicing & using div classes for each "part".

3.How do you know how to position a div in your container???Like does dreamweaver give me a tool that I point at a certain spot and it tells me px’s em’s…etc. Or do I need like a math formula…or just trial and error ?!?

Yes I am a total noob (well maybe not 100% but close to it ;D) I do have ALOT more questions but I will save them for when I know a little more about what I am doing

THX for your help
    ~Voyd :D

synic

I’d probably divide it up like this (there might be other/better ways of doing this, but here’s one example):

[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n195/s17ence/mangaenlinealayout.jpg[/img]

*Right click and save the image to your computer for to see the entire thing.

You could start slicing up the images and little snippets of the background in order to have the columns and content areas expand as they fill up.

Try watching the screencasts provided on this site for some helpful hints.

synic

I was going to mention that you did not need a separate div for navigation also :D

And I forgot a footer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.