Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Site Critique – Accessibility and Marketing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    HoughtonA
    Participant

I’ve been making a website that lets people work together to tell short stories. It’s a fun and addicting little game where people take turns telling stories. It’s all working very well right now, with very few hiccups/bugs.

However, I’m really rather stumped as to how I would get people to start using it. It kind-of requires that a lot of people are using it at the same time (very much like Omegle would).

What might be a good way to make that happen?

Also, and this is more where the site critique comes in, I’m not sure that the usability for this thing is as good as it can be. I’d like some advice on how I can make it easy to understand and play.

Thanks!

(Story Game)

HoughtonA
    Participant

I did think of doing something like that. Maybe make it so that you can share a published story as a FB post. I don’t think I want to make it more involved than that, though. Is there maybe a better way to do that?

HoughtonA
    Participant

Well, I got it to work! Mostly! Almost. : /

I made it so that something like http://www.story-ga.me/?story_id=14 automatically calls the show story function on the page load and ajax pulls in the story. The like button shows up, yay.

However, if you view a story manually (by clicking on one from the list), the like button does not show up (you can see the border of the div where it should be).

Any idea as to why this is? Does Facebook’s like button only display when rendered on or before window.onload?

EDIT: Yes. Yes it does. I had to tell Facebook to re-parse some stuff, since it only does it at the end of the page load by default. In any case, problem solved.

Still up for accessibility advice, etc. in any case. Thanks for all the help so far, Scott!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.