Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Single Page Porfolio/Personal Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pringshia

Hey guys,

I just finished coding my personal website: http://ringshia.com

There is a LOT more stuff I still wanna add, but I just wanted to get everyone’s opinion on how it’s looking so far.

Something I am really proud of is that everything on the page was created by me from scratch in Photoshop (the only exception is the album covers on the right, but the tape cassette was done by me). I also designed the icons used throughout the page. Some of them are not quite pixel perfect yet, but still tweaking them.

Things I still need to do: Get the feed on the right actually working in real life, add a blog, add descriptions for each individual portfolio website and perhaps multiple pictures, and much more!

friendofpugs

Hi!
    First off, I like the muted color palette – very clean. But that’s about it. There’s nothing for your users to do, nowhere to go, no nav. If you’re intending this site to be a portfolio site, your visitors don’t care what music you’re listening to – I’d put the personal details in a footer, not right at the top of the page. If you’re going to keep it there, I’d drop your portfolio section down a bit and make it have rounded corners too. Your demo websites look like they have more action/interest than your own site – not good. Hope that helps. Cheers!

Okay, it’s a nice site, however as it is a portfolio site I would try to put more focus on your projects. sure an image and title is important, but you need information about it, and links to live sites! The portfolio looks great, but without the core information it is useless so I would add some more content and maybe increase the size of the main content box.

pringshia

Thanks for the feedback guys…I don’t think I read anything I didn’t agree with. I think one of the main issues with my site is that I tried to fuse together a Personal and Portfolio website together, which consist of two entirely different audiences. I think I will have to split them up somehow.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.