Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End single page is not displaying when a custom post type permalink is clicked

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JonathanBeech
    Participant

This is a WordPress bespoke theme issue and I have just implemented a jQuery sortable slideshow the code of which I found online and then I used on my WordPress portfolio site.

It works great except that when I click on a link within the portfolio I get taken to the index page rather than the single-project.php page or even the single page? I thought WordPress would automatically take the user to the single.php page template when a post permalink was clicked upon but clearly not.

If there is any obvious checks I could make in my code then I would be glad to hear about them. The test site link is as follows:

[Your text to link here…](http://sandpit.jonathanbeech.co.uk/portfolio/#all “my test”)

JonathanBeech
    Participant

I just figured that out, simply go to the Settings > Permalinks page in the WordPress dashboard and then click update. I hope this might help someone out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.