Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Single Facebook Post in WordPress from different Facebook Walls

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ok – this one seems to be ever so elusive.

Is it possible to pull in just the most recent status from a Facebook page and display that in a WordPress Widget? I need to have the most recent status from 4 different Facebook pages in 4 different widgets in my WordPress site.

I did the Facebook Like Box – but it slows the site load time down, and all I really want is just one status update, not a list of them like the Like Box brings in.

I still haven’t found a way to pull this off – any ideas?

mmoustafa

Hmmm… that one would work. It would be better if there were a way to do it without having to get into each of my client’s Facebook accounts. Is that even possible…?

mmoustafa

Well you can just append **_graph._** to the domain of the fan page.
    You can notice it outputs a JSON which has ID, that is the user_id, just copy it. But you still have to generate the access token, which is the annoying part.

I was afraid that was the case. Thank-you for your help!

mmoustafa

I sent you an access token in a message, use it responsibly ;)

Awesome – thank-you! So does that mean that I don’t have to go into every account to generate an access token, I can just do it once from my account and make it work…?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.