Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Simple PHP gallery with admin management

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jimmy
    Participant

Hello!

Here’s the thing, I’m making a small site, 3 subpages, not much of a content really.
    The only advanced functionality this site needs to have is an image gallery.

I decided not to make this into WordPress solely because of the gallery since it would be an overkill.

Do you know any great scripts I could use? My desired functionality would be following:

* PHP script inside gallery subpage
    * gallery would limit itself to img directory
    * each time the page is loaded it returns the miniatures of every image file in that directory (is it even possible and reliable, on-the-fly minifying of images?)
    * according to the previous point – I’d like either simplest functionality of simply putting images through FTP and I’m done or a simple uploading interface with login/password, like http://address.of.the.site/gallery/admin/

Any ideas? I guess for someone who’s experienced in PHP writing something like that is fairly easy, so I think it’s available somewhere.

Is it even a good idea to do something like that? I just think that using WordPress only to manage the gallery isn’t really a good idea… Or should just throw WP in and don’t care?

Cheers!

__
    Participant

It’s more work than you think, with details you’ll need to attend to (especially if you want to manage uploading and resizing images).

If you don’t know where to start, and don’t want to hire someone, you’d be better off using wordpress (or some other CMS).

jimmy
    Participant

@FragaGeddon – thanks A LOT!!!!

I guess it’ll do the trick, I’ll review the video tomorrow, from what I’ve already seen while playing with it, it’s pretty nifty :D

Thanks again!!!

jimmy
    Participant

It defaults at 3600s, it’s problematic ;p I disabled it though, I don’t need it really.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.