Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Simple alternative to Google Analytics?

• # February 6, 2013 at 3:44 am

Hello,

Does anyone have a suggestion for a simple and free alternative to Google Analytics?

# February 6, 2013 at 4:07 am

I can recommend Piwik. http://www.piwik.org

# February 6, 2013 at 4:20 am

jetpack for wordpress

# February 6, 2013 at 4:56 am

Piwik, I have tried it and it provides nice info (a bit more than Google Analytics)

# February 6, 2013 at 8:50 am

+1 for Piwik. Jetpack is nice too, but it doesn’t give you nearly as much info as most (it’s nice and clean tho).

Another one that I’ve seen (but haven’t tried yet) is GoSquared. Their demo is gorgeous and really nice to use, so you might want to give them a try.

Only free for one site though.

# February 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Thanks for the replies. I’ve heard some good things about Piwik too. For those of you using Piwik, or have used it in the past…do you install it on your server, or use a different method?

# February 7, 2013 at 1:21 am

Open web analytics can also be used to analyze the traffic and it would be the best alternative to Google analytics.

# February 8, 2013 at 12:41 pm

@Rugg Yup, I’ve always just installed it on my server. Installation is easy, and it’s never caused me any problems.

My experience with it is limited, as I’ve only used it on very low-traffic sites. On a big site it will take more resources than Google Analytics would (just because it’s your server handling the data, not Google’s), but that shouldn’t really be much of a problem for most people.

# February 8, 2013 at 5:00 pm

What kind of data does Piwik provide that Google doesn’t? Or maybe a better question is: how is it easier or more effective?

I’m curious how many resources it takes up if you had it on a server monitoring a lot of other sites.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".