Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other shopping cart

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    cybershot
    Participant

I have a client that wants to be able to have an ebook on her website for sale. I know there are shopping carts that handle downloadable products like foxycart. But I am looking for a free solution for handeling shopping on the site. Does anyone have a suggestion?

pab

have you tried paypal?

ikthius
    "cybershot" wrote:
    I have a client that wants to be able to have an ebook on her website for sale. I know there are shopping carts that handle downloadable products like foxycart. But I am looking for a free solution for handeling shopping on the site. Does anyone have a suggestion?

if the sales are going to be big, as in maybe a few thousand a year, then try a big branded shopping cart, but you will pay.
    foxycart sounds good as well, but you pay a monthly fee, regardless.

paypal only take a small percent of the sale plus £0.20 (check your country amount). I worked it out to be for a £20 product I would get £19.30 of that sale.

either way you have to pay for the privilige somewhere, paypal, is the best for the small trader

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    "ikthius" wrote:
    either way you have to pay for the privilige somewhere, paypal, is the best for the small trader

I have to agree.

Plus paypal dont charge me to withdraw, which is very good news.

Donna

I use e-junkie to sell an ebook and I have been very satisfied with them. They charge $5 a month plus any fees to paypal for the sale, but there is a coupon code for 3 months free. I believe the code is CRAFTBOOM but you can do a quick search on google to confirm.

I actually found out about e-junkie through this site! I believe that is what Chris uses for selling the bandwebsite template.

ikthius
    "Donna" wrote:
    I use e-junkie to sell an ebook and I have been very satisfied with them. They charge $5 a month plus any fees to paypal for the sale, but there is a coupon code for 3 months free. I believe the code is CRAFTBOOM but you can do a quick search on google to confirm.

I actually found out about e-junkie through this site! I believe that is what Chris uses for selling the bandwebsite template.

why pay more on top of paypal, when you can just use paypal???

this makes absolutely no sense, unless you just want to throw away your money

I think you need some mechanism to actually allow them to download the e-book. Paypal takes the money but doesn’t provide any sort of download facility that I have seen.

ikthius
    "davesgonebananas" wrote:
    I think you need some mechanism to actually allow them to download the e-book. Paypal takes the money but doesn’t provide any sort of download facility that I have seen.

ah….. never sold anything to download

LonChaney

Take a look at DigitalProductDelivery.com You link to them and they handle the download part. There is no fee for your first product. If that doesn’t work for you, then try osCommerce. It comes with a digital download feature but it’s a full scale cart and may be overkill for what you need.

Thanks for the tips – I also found this http://www.digitalproductmanagement.com … tvault.php script which you can run on your own server. The downside is it costs $5.00.

There is a new tutorial on NetTuts that explains how to do this very thing!

http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/php/u … -with-php/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.