Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Shiny Demos

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GSquadron

Hi all!
    I saw the shiny demos starting page and i was absolutely amazed by the sweet looking colors it got.
    Is there a source code for it? Even if there is not, any other way i can program it?

GSquadron

Any help?

Paulie_D

What shiny demos page?

Is there a reason why you can’t view the source of whatever page you care talking about or inspect it with you browser’s built in tools?

AntonNiklasson
    Participant

Is this what you mean? http://shinydemos.com/

There’s always some sort of source code. Usually you can right click any site element and “inspect” it or whatever your browser calls it. Try it, and then come back here with some specific question or some example code for us to comment on.

GSquadron

Never mind, i didn’t know i could take all the script.
    Now i have another specific question. Instead of using the shinydemos.com look, i decided it was too fancy for a general website i want to make. Instead i used a demo and downloaded the files from a css-tricks example. Can i use the files in my own website? Or am i going to jail?

AntonNiklasson
    Participant

I wouldn’t say you’re going to jail for using them. But I definitely think you should try to create something by yourself. Don’t just copy and paste code. Look at the examples, tweak the code a bit and try to understand it line by line.

GSquadron

I have already modified the example and i quietly understood it very well thanks to Chris.
    Now i have my own model and i can lay down and relax :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.