Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Sexiest desktop ever?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    nixnerd
    Participant

I found this today:

Probably doesn’t get much sleeker. I’m looking forward to doing some customizing this evening!

nixnerd
    Participant

Many of you will not agree of course. But to me… that’s hot.

Paulie_D

TBH…I’ve never really worried that much about my desktop.

I run two 21″ monitors at work and I usually have two programs open full screen most of time.

I do stuff on my monitors or laptop screen…I don’t spend a lot of time admiring the view…I have a window for that.

:)

nixnerd
    Participant

I do stuff on my monitors or laptop screen…I don’t spend a lot of time admiring the view…I have a window for that.

Ha ha ha. I hear you Paulie. There are a few reasons I care:

1. The more I tinker with Linux, the better I get. I love to understand my system and I absolutely love to customize anything I can.

2. I generally have a ton of stuff open. I have 3+ terminals, a text editor (sublime or vim) and two browsers on live reload (Firefox and Chrome). That requires a tiling WM. Tabs and workspaces don’t do it for me. I like to see all my stuff at once.

3. I’m a minimalist at heart. I love the absence of things more than I love things. So, I like a nice clean desktop. It gives me inspiration and helps me get into the “zone”.

4. Helps me earn reddit points :)

Judco
    Participant

Does Look good, got a higher rez?

nixnerd
    Participant

@Judco:

Right click >> View Image

Click on photo to zoom in. Enjoy :)

Judco
    Participant

which irc client is that? Also what did you do to get your top bar like that?

nixnerd
    Participant

Disclaimer: This is not my desktop. I am currently working to GET my desktop like this. However, I did as the OP on Reddit what his setup was.

The WM is Herbstluftwm
    The top bar is Bar (Bar Ain’t Recursive) by LemonBoy on Github
    The IRC client is irssi

I prefer weechat I think :) And I definitely prefer BSPWM to Herbstluftwm.

nixnerd
    Participant

Nahhh… I think I prefer irssi. It looks way cleaner and works better on smaller terminal windows.

That terminal is urxvt by the way.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.